Madison County Wood Products Inc. is seeking an experienced lumber grader, with NHLA inspection rules knowledge and experience inspecting lumber according to species, grade, and dimension. Lumber grading is done from a climate controlled cab with an automated tally system to inspect and mark incoming material. Candidate will also be trained to run other sawing equipment.
• Inspect and grade milled, rough-sawed, or dimensional stock lumber according to standards: Examine lumber on table, moving belt, chain conveyor, or in racks for defects.
• May determine cuts to be made to obtain highest marketable value from material.
• Controlling machines and processes; using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes.
• Monitor quality of lumber for thickness variations, miscuts, saw tooth marks, and other machine induced defects.
• Maintain an orderly work area and follow all safety rules.
• May train right individual to also run resaw, so duties can rotate between grading and operation of resaw.
• Perform quality work within timelines with or without direct supervision.
• Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
• Comply with all company and OSHA safety rules and regulations. Report all safety hazards promptly as well as malfunctions and discrepancies.
• Maintain a satisfactory attendance record.
• Have own transportation to and from work.
High school diploma or equivalent. NHLA certification a plus, but not required
4597 HWY C Fredericktown, MO 63645
Wage rate for this position will be negotiable depending on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, and ability to learn. Wages are very competitive and tend to be above average for the surrounding area. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and background check.